Sunday 7 April 2013

Is Faith Enough?

Some time ago, I had a discussion with a friend in whom a religious and spiritual person is. The debate took us to the depth of religion . But i will be brief on my observation. we discussed about how it has reduced to a place where people showcase what they own. Whatever it is.Be it money, fashion style or just sheer arrogance. Of course, everyone knows this including those who do it. And one more thing . This issue cuts across all religions and secular organizations .

Anyway my concern and the question I want to ask my brothers and sisters out there is. Does all the structures built to worship God add any spiritual significance to the soul of the worshiper? This leads to the question whether religion is about spirituality or religiosity? I have always wondered why in many cases worshipers are promised heaven just to part with the last pesewa they may have. In some instances believing it will be replenished in folds just by having faith.faith? Really!!! I don't have any qualms with religion. Just before you Jump into conclusion and charge me with heresy.Let's do some analysis.

Majority of faithful worshipers are technically poor, and I will not be
surprised if some borrow just to make an offering at the worship centres. Now don't get me wrong as my issue has nothing to do about offering or alms but those who give .

now the crux of the issue is if you've ever heard these preachers asking people to give out even their last pesewas just to make it heaven is least surprising, Sometimes I wonder what it would take for the preachers and religious leaders to rather offer help to the poor instead of taking from them. Is this what God truly wants. Well I leave it to you to make your own judgements.

No comments:

Post a Comment